[mythtv-users] Mythstream player.xml file

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 08:09:16 UTC 2006

> I've installed mythstream (not mythstreamTV) from ATrpms binary RPMs.
> I noticed in the INSTALL file for the source (which I downloaded
> before the RPM) it talks about changing the size of the zoom:
>
> OPTIONAL: VIDEO SCALING
> ------------------------
> --> the file player.xml holds mplayer command line parameters. If you
> have a proper display
>     driver installed, you might want to remove the -zoom parameter
> (software scaling):
>       <item>
>         <name>-zoom</name>
>         <value></value>
>       </item>
>
> Does anyone know where player.xml is supposed to live as it's not part
> of the RPM package that I installed and I would like to play with it
> to try to alter the size of the playback.

Sorry - I also meant to ask what the syntax is. The INSTALL file shows
it as above but the actual player.xml provided in the source doesn't
have that entry. The nearest it has is:

      <item>
        <name>scale</name>
        <value>-xy</value>
      </item>

Has anyone played around with these and would be willing to share
their experience?

Regards,
Phill