[mythtv-users] What is it with analog tv in the US?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 04:57:21 UTC 2006

On 2/9/06, Chris Ribe <chrisribe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Encryption is the evil siamese twin of digital.  Myth and digital will never
> really play well together for this reason.

Very well put!

To the OP, I actually have an HD3000 capturing OTA HDTV off a roof-top
antenna (stone age resurrected to create the ultimate beast).  Then I
have an FX5200 with DVI and VGA out connecting my myth box to my shiny
new Samsung DLP HDTV monitor at a beautiful roaring 61 inches
(something like 155 cm I think).  I've currently only got VGA to VGA
(my TV has a PC input in the form of VGA, as well as DVI input)
because I can't find a decent DVI cable for very cheap and funds are
restricted in my current situation :)

So there ya go, it's your wettest wildest dream, HDTV fed for free to
me via an OTA antenna, into my Myth box, then fed via a beatiful card
to a georgeous TV, displaying it in all it's glory.

:D

Chad