[mythtv-users] MythTV cut list conversion to avidemux edl files

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Feb 10 01:43:58 UTC 2006

> As I wish to edit some recordings made using MythTV (PVR-350 card) using
> avidemux it would be helpful to take the png file produced by the
> commercial break flagging component of mythtv and convert it to an
> avidemux edl file. I don't altogether trust Myth to get the breaks right
> but it would sure help....or are there problems with the need to cut on
> i-frames that I don't really understand?

The .png file is the preview pixmap image file, it has nothing to do with
commercial flagging.

> ...does anyone know of such a utility?

Not that I know of right now, but if you're running SVN or can wait till
after 0.19 comes out, you can use "mythcommflag --gencutlist" to copy the
commercial skip list to the cutlist, then "mythcommflag --getcutlist" to
print out the cutlist which you can capture in a script and massage into
an EDL file.  After 0.19, I'm adding a --getskiplist option which will
just print out the commercial skip list so you can skip the intermediate
step of copying the skip list to the cutlist.

--
Chris