[mythtv-users] Important Cable Question

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Feb 9 23:48:56 UTC 2006

> work. Because I was wanting to get another tv tuner card
> so i could hook up my cable box so i can record premium
> shows, of course being able to record a show and watch a show
> at the same time. And I was getting information off the list
> here and it was recommended to either get a pvr-150 or 250.
>
> If it wont work..Ill have to search for a proper tv tuner card.

AFAIK the only tuner card that will give you premium channels is the one
provided by the cable company if they provide one at all. It most likely
will not be supported by linux. Most users simply use a IR blaster device to
control their cable company provided box. I control 2 dishnetwork systems
that way and it works great.