[mythtv-users] Accuracy of HDTV processor requirements statement in HOWTO

Noah Markon nmarkon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 20:29:52 UTC 2006

I just tried this last night with an Athlon XP 2800+ with 512 megs of
RAM. When I was watching LOST without XvMC I would get prebuffering
pauses, the video was choppy my cpu usage was round 60-70% with an x
windows process taking up the rest.  With it my CPU usage was around
50%. now that i think about it, I probably didn't have something
configured correctly.