[mythtv-users] Problems with the .spec file for building RPMs from SVN

David Asher david.asher at caviumnetworks.com
Thu Feb 9 19:08:39 UTC 2006

I'm trying to build an FC4 RPM from SVN using the description in the wiki:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Building_RPMS_from_SubVersion

First, I noticed one minor thing wrong in the wiki: under step 3, the
source rpm should be mythtv- not myth-

My real problem, however, is after setting _mythsvnroot correctly in the
.spec file I get:

[mythtv at mythtv ~]$ rpmbuild -ba rpm/SPECS/mythtv-svn-rpmbuild.spec
error: Failed build dependencies:
        nvidia-graphics-devel is needed by mythtv-0.19-0.8908.svn.i386
[mythtv at mythtv ~]$

But I have: nvidia-graphics7667-devel-1.0_7667-68.rhfc4.at installed.

If I look at installing nvidia-graphics-devel with smart it wants to
install the 8178 version of the drivers.

Is there no way to use this dependency with an older set of nvidia drivers?

Thanks,

David.