[mythtv-users] XvMC and opengl problems

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 18:15:46 UTC 2006

On 2/7/06, Mike <stuff at dustsmoke.com> wrote:

> Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> > Are you sure the GL module is being loaded in X?  Check your
> > /var/log/Xorg.0.log for glx being loaded successfully.  Also, does
> > your card support opengl?
> >
> > -Jerry
> Yeah, its loading. I think everything back to the TNT2 supports OpenGL.
> The ti4600's are more powerful than a MX4000 or a 5200. Just an older
> chipset. I seem to recall having this working long ago but I don't

You have a GeForce4 ti4600?      Those cards do not have full MPEG2
acceleration.   If I remember correctly, they support motion compensation,
but not iDCT (iDCT is the bulk of the CPU offload).

The GeForce4 MX cards, GeForce FX, and newer cards all support full iDCT+MC.

I had a GeForce4 4200 a few years ago,  I moved to a GeForce4 MX for the
MPEG2 accel, and later upgraded to an FX 5200.    You lose 3D performance,
but that's not a factor in HTPC usage..

remember the specifics of what I had when I did it. Although I can't