[mythtv-users] Zap2it outage?

Anthony Floyd anthonyfloyd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 14:51:25 UTC 2006

On 2/9/06, Jaymz Ringler <jringler at unitedtransport.net> wrote:
> It's a strange problem in that I running 4 mythtv boxes one at home. Two
> at the office.. One at a friend's house
>
> One at the office is in production.  The other is being configured for
> an employee.  They both contact zap2it fine.
>
> One at Ryan's house being built is on a residential Road Runner account
> it too works fine.
>
> But the one at my house isn't working and this box has run for almost a
> year.  I'm on residential Road Runner that goes through an alternate ISP
> called Internet Nebraska.  I'm going to take this one to the office to
> download program data for the time being.

Well, it's good to know I'm not alone.  I just ssh'd into one of the
boxes at work, and sure enough, it's able to contact Zap2It no
problem.

Either the problem is my ISP (Shaw, in Vancouver) blocking access or
Zap2It blocking access.  Does anyone have a contact at Zap2It that we
can email to find out if they are actively blocking IP blocks?  I'll
get on the horn to my ISP too, but given that other people at other
ISPs are having the same problem, I'm willing to bet that Zap2It is
filtering IPs somehow.

Jamyz, when did your box stop getting updates?

Cheers,
Anthony.