[mythtv-users] Joystick usage with mythtv & PC games

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu Feb 9 14:41:44 UTC 2006

Nathan A. Smith wrote:
> Thanks Steve,
>
> tweeking joystickmenurc now....
>
> I'm still waiting for 0.19 so I can mame running on mythgames (I have
> the dreded "version not supported" error)

Well, if you can't wait, you can always use my shell script to work
around the problem. I run
xmame-0.102 with mythgame 0.18.1 and the attached script as a "wrapper"
to xmame.

Just make the script executable on your machine, and modify line 13 to
suite your needs. Then
point mythgame to the script instead of the real xmame binary and you
should be fine.

NOTE: If you're using joystick support in MythTV 0.18.1 then you'll
probably want to patch
mythplugins with the attached mythplugins.patch. It mutes MythTV's
joystick event loop while
your games are running, so your joystick events don't reply in mass when
you exit the game.
(0.19 will include a similar patch, I think) If you're running Gentoo, I
have attached an ebuild
for MythGame that includes the patch.

Hope that helps.

--