[mythtv-users] Zap2it outage?

Jaymz Ringler jringler at unitedtransport.net
Thu Feb 9 12:56:11 UTC 2006

We're having a problem in Lincoln, NE on one specific ISP.

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 22:53 -0800, Anthony Floyd wrote:
> I haven't seen any mention of this on the list, which makes me think
> it's my problem, but I thought I'd check anyway.  Myth hasn't updated
> it's guide data from Zap2It in a few days (9 days remaining!), and I
> just noticed today.  When I run mythfilldatabase, it times out on
> trying to find datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com, and sure enough,
> when I try to visit either www.zap2it.com or labs.zap2it.com, my web
> browser times out too.
>
> Is anyone else having a problem?

As of a couple days ago we couldn't even get to their website or
labs.zap2it.com .  after a couple of us spent a few hours on the phone
with the Time Warner tech support (anti-help desk) we finally got them
to understand what a Mythbox is.

They assured us that they're working on it and that it is a routing
problem..   Maybe it's something Zap2it has done?