[mythtv-users] Record from PVR250 composite input?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 22:28:47 UTC 2006

On 08/02/06, Ben Dash <ben_dash at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there a way that I can tell mythfrontend that I
> want to switch to the composite input on the PVR250?
>
> I have an old video camera which I want to record a
> quick bit of video from.
>
> Should I simply pipe from /dev/video0 to a file
> instead?

If it's only a one-off recording, it'll be easiest to just cat
/dev/video0, after telling ivtv to use the appropriate Composite
input.

If you want to do it frequently, it'll be easier to create a new video
input based on the Composite input on the card, create a dummy channel
for MythTV, and then start recordings through MythTV instead of using
the command line.

Nick