[mythtv-users] Problems with 1920x1080 display

Patrick A. Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Wed Feb 8 20:08:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 10:58:59AM -0800, Drew Tomlinson wrote:

> > Yep, same problem here. Both mythvideo and mplayer make X consume 100%
> > CPU. Not even a CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE will help. Running at 720p works
> > perfectly. I tryd using 1080i, maybe X/the nvidia driver has a problem
> > with interlacing?
> >

> Which nvidia driver are you using?  There have been many posts about
> nvidia driver versions greater than 7676 causing issues with OpenGL vsync.

Thanks for the hint.  I saw the previous posts just *after* I hit the
send button.  I've been having this problem for a while and just decided
to start fixing it.  Seems to me I had myth 18.1 working with an earlier
nVidia driver (currently running 8178) at 1080i but output was slow
(prebuffer issues that are listed as fixed now).

At lease XvMC almost works - that's next on the list (after 1080i
output).

I'll try the fixes suggested in the other thread(s).

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
kb8pym at arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM
Living life to a Jimmy Buffett soundtrack
"Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"