[mythtv-users] Hardware: Via MII or Geforce FX5200?

Ron mythtv-users at doobedoobedo.org
Wed Feb 8 11:47:19 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 11:07, Wander Winkelhorst wrote:
> --------- snip --------------
> If you play the mpeg streams, how much is the CPU usage?
> What kinds of mpeg streams are you using? (bitrate, resolution)
>
> Thanks for the info sofar, it's very usefull.
>
> Wander.

I have an SP1300 - Mplayer plays 720x576 mpeg stream with 1% CPU usage, Xine
uses about 5%, Myth uses about 10%. All using XVMC acceleration.

I have a PVR 150 (This get HOT so beware if it's in a small passively cooled
case) in the PCI Slot which uses about 1.5% CPU when encoding so I can watch
live TV with about 11.5% CPU.

Hope this helps

Ron