[mythtv-users] Need us-Cable-IRC-center-frequencies-QAM256 file

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Feb 8 01:12:01 UTC 2006

On Feb 7, 2006, at 5:48 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Brian Wood wrote:
>>
> If you're going to spam us with your question that you figured out
> yourself, the least you could do is put the info in your "NEVER MIND"
> post so the next guy finds it in the archives.*  ;)

Extremely good point, you are quite correct. I spotted a response
literally seconds after  I had sent the "never mind" and so decided
to let that stand as the "solution", rather than add an additional
and redundant post.

I am a great believer in posting "Solved" endings to threads. I can't
count the number of times I have followed a thread that seemed to be
my exact problem only to have it stop, presumably because the poster
lost interest in posting once he got the thing going.

> *True, this assumes that the next guy will check the archives, first,
> which is not always the case...  ;)

It would be nice if you could just search the archives for your
problem and "solved", to go straight to the solution, but somehow
that never works.