[mythtv-users] www.mythtv.org updates

Jason W. jason_wilk at stircrazy.net
Tue Feb 7 22:42:45 UTC 2006

Steve Baker wrote:

> The www.mythtv.org site is very, very static. We are days (hours?
> :-P) away from a major new release, and the last update on the main
> page is from May 2005. As someone who is actively watching the
> message boards, downloading and deploying the SVN versions, and
> actively using Mythtv, I know mythtv is going stronger than ever -
> and that its a very exciting time. To the casual observer or shopping
> around for the right PVR solution however, the front page does not
> communicate this buzz, or that any progress is occurring at all. It
> would be great to have more regular updates, and see a bit more
> information on the main page as to what is going on behind the scenes
> - and potentially get a few more people excited and involved in the
> mythtv experience.

I second this.

I almost passed up mythtv as my PVR solution for precisely this reason. I
use a lot of open source software. I can normally tell pretty quickly if a
project is stagnant or not just by how often they update their site. I'm
glad that I looked more closely...because I think the product is
fantastic...but I would say that a dynamic site would help show just how
dynamic the project is.