[mythtv-users] request xorg.conf file for DVI out to HD

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 21:20:22 UTC 2006

On 2/7/06, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am setting up a new mythbox, and have a 5200 fx card in it which I
> will be connecting to my HD tv via dvi-hdmi converter.  My tv is
> capable of 1080i.  Can someone who has a similar setup please share
> their xorg.conf file with me?  I have a feeling that what I have is
> not what I will need.
>
> Also, before I plug it into my tv, I have it plugged into a dell lcd
> monitor via dvi.  Will I be able to use that xorg.conf file with the
> monitor or will it screw things up?

you will need modelines that your TV can understand.

Standard HD modelines can be found here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Modeline_Database

here snippits of what mine shows, just so you have an idea, don't copy
it, create your own.

----------------------------
Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "HDTV"
        Screen      0  "Sanyo" 0 0
        InputDevice    "USB Mouse" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier "HDTV"
        Option  "DPMS"  "false"
        HorizSync       15 - 46
        VertRefresh     59 - 61
        DisplaySize 325 182
        #Sanyo TV
        ModeLine "Sanyo480p" 27.000 720 744 800 856 480 489 495 525
        ModeLine "Sanyo720p" 74.250 1280 1384 1424 1648 720 720 736 744
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Sanyo"
        Device     "nvhdtv"
        Monitor    "HDTV"
        DefaultColorDepth 24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
                Modes     "Sanyo720p" "Sanyo480p"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "nvhdtv"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "All"
        BoardName   "All"
        Option      "RenderAccel" "1"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP"
        Option      "DPMS" "0"
        Option      "IgnoreDisplayDevices"      "TV"
        Option      "RandRRotation"     "1"
        Option      "HWCursor" "1"
        Option      "CursorShadow" "0"
EndSection