[mythtv-users] nuvexport query..

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 20:38:19 UTC 2006

>>Everytime I use nuvexport to export to dvd the black border is removed
>>from the top and bottom, but never the sides (which means the output ends
>>up being higher then wide and thus the aspect is out).

>>Whats the best way to export these types of shows in this original format,
>>ie with the black border all the way around.

Just what my new manual's for :o)

http://www.inaudible.co.uk/nuvexport/index.php?ResAndRatio

Lots of info there, but I'd suggest:

Play the original .nuv file in MPlayer or Xine, it should show you what's
really there and what's not.

It sounds like it might be a 4:3 ratio video in a 16:9 format, so the
original file has black borders to the right and left. In which case, keep
the original or default width for the movie and change the height when you
run nuvexport.

If not, changing the force_aspect option in the nuvexportrc file might help.
More info is in the manual linked above.

Christopher