[mythtv-users] Jason Beck's QAM guide Now on the Wiki

Noah Markon nmarkon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:54:45 UTC 2006

> Did you try creating your channels.conf with the script I attached last
> week?  I'd like to see if it has worked for anyone else.

I tried it, however we must have different times on our PCs, time -o
did nothing for me.

I ended up modifing your script to just walk through my 300+ entries,
each time it would ask me if the channel was good or not. then I had
another script that made all the SQL for me, it would tune the channum
and then wait for me to input the channum number, then store the sql
statements.

I ended up with 41 channels,  all the local HD channels, and a bunch
of SD channels. However I'm running into a problem watching the SD
channels. When I try and watch them, it like they're in slow motion.
The audio is choppy as is the video. Now this wouldn't be much of a
problem, since most of the channels i can record via my PVR150, but
there's 2 pbs stations that I really want to record TPT-Kids and
TPT-Create. Any body have any hints on how to get these SD stations to
tune in correctly?