[mythtv-users] s/pdif sound fc 4

travis moralindignation at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:13:23 UTC 2006

> Also, I was asked for my brand name (it is integrated). /sbin/lspci tells
> > me:
> >
> > 00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER
> > (ICH5/ICH5R) A
> > C'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
>

> You haven't listed anything related to how to configure your sound card.

I was told I need my sound card information from that command to see
the brand name and get the proper information from asla's site for my
sound device. Sorry for posting extraneous information.

> Did you try the .asoundrc I've linked on my web page?
> also paste here the result of:
> aplay -l
>
> It should be something like:
> [mythtv[at]htpc ~]$ aplay -l
> card 0: ICH6 [Intel ICH6], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel ICH6]
> Subdevices: 1/1
> Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: ICH6 [Intel ICH6], device 4: Intel ICH - IEC958 [Intel ICH6 -
> IEC958]
> Subdevices: 1/1
> Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I did try your asoundrc from your previous post. I am still having the
issue of alsamixer not muting my internal speaker and not putting out
anything to my s/pdif, and MythTV doing the same. I read I have to get
KDE's sound working properly before Myth.

here is the result of aplay -l:
card 0: ICH5 [Intel ICH5], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel ICH5]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: ICH5 [Intel ICH5], device 4: Intel ICH - IEC958 [Intel ICH5 - IEC958]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Only thing I see different is mine says ICH5 (not 6)

Thanks again for your help.