[mythtv-users] MythTV Compile Options

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Feb 7 04:01:14 UTC 2006

On Feb 6, 2006, at 8:48 PM, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Monday 06 February 2006 22:38, Brian Wood wrote:
>>>
>>> <Snipped for Brevity>

>>> OK, Gentoo's "Ebuild" system can be your friend or your enemy :-) I
>>> need to find the correlation between Gentoo's "USE" flags and the
>>> config options, but you have certainly pointed me in the correct
>>> direction. Thanks as always.
>>
>> In case this might help others:
>>
>> It turns out that the amd64 architecture running in 64-bit mode
>> supports sse and sse2 but *not* mmx. It does support mmx if running
>> in 32-bit mode.
>
> Wrong.

Please elaborate. I admit the info I got was from 2004, but it was
from AMD.

What is the situation with processor-specific compilation options?

I'm simply trying to find out if it's worth re-compiling with mmx
support on a 64-bit amd64 system. It seemed wrong to me that Gentoo
would not permit this, which is why I asked the question in the first
place.

I'd greatly appreciate any info.