[mythtv-users] when to deinterlace?

Louie Ilievski loudawg at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 03:24:26 UTC 2006

On Saturday 04 February 2006 19:49, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've seen a lot of talk about deinterlace settings.
> I've tried turning it on a few times with different
> options, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
>
> I'm running 0.18.1 with a PVR-350, NTSC, and an Nvidia
> 5200 for output to a TV via the SVid jack. Input
> is via RCA jacks/SVid.
>
> Should I be using deinterlace? Is that only necessary
> with coax connectors? What's the deal?
>
> Thanks!

If you're using your PVR-350's on-board decoder then you don't need to
de-interlace, and the de-interlace settings you choose will have no effect.
The decoder handles everything for you (well, if I'm not mistaken, it's not
that it's doing all this fancy stuff on the board rather than just feeding
the signal PROPERLY to the TV).

~Lou