[mythtv-users] x86_64 and forcedeth

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Tue Feb 7 02:49:48 UTC 2006

Michael Haan wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade my myth box to use the x86_64 version of FC4, also
> hoping to get kernel 2.6.15.  I'm having issues getting the network to
> work.  I've had issues before with this card (an integrated nvidia
> controller) before with x86_64 Gentoo, but various successes with other
> distros (SuSE, FC4 x86 Kanotix 64, etc).  My question is, is anyone
> aware of issues with using forcedeth on 64 bit versions of various distros?

This thread
<http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=ca9497c7d7d49def575a5455b1e102c2&t=57791>
contains information from people who are having problems with the
forcedeth driver on NVidia boards and how some of them solved it.
Personally, I have not had any problems with the forcedeth driver
compiled for either x86 or x86_64 (I run a custom distribution: MiniMyth).