[mythtv-users] MythTV and Satellite

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 6 23:37:55 UTC 2006

Cyber Source wrote:

>I take it then MythTV (TV tuner card)
>should always be set to 3 (or whatever station is set to view the output
>from the satellite tuner), please correct me if I am wrong.

No.  Myth should not be using the tuner with an external tuner.  You
should use the S-Video (preferred) or Composite inputs, instead.  Use
the tuner only as a last resort as it gives the lowest picture quality
and many external tuners have very poor quality RF modulators (i.e. do a
terrible job changing it into channel 3).

Mike