[mythtv-users] better nvidia drivers, proprietary or open?

jflatt@cox.net jflatt at cox.net
Mon Feb 6 20:20:03 UTC 2006

If my computer is dedicated to only MythTV, what is a better driver choice for a 5200 card?  The nvidia proprietary driver or the open source driver?  I noticed in the program guide, while using the proprietary drivers, the preview window is scaled abnormally, does this happen with the open driver?  What about opengl-vsync and/or XVMC?  I have read that a lot of people use these cards, is there a guide for the best settings?