[mythtv-users] LVM extend /video

Gregg 3gemail at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 19:40:27 UTC 2006

I have tried to extend my lvm /video partition , but I need help.
1. I created a new volgroup and formatted it with xfs,
2.I then copied the old /video data to the new LVM group.
3. I then unmounted /video changed fstab to reflect the changes.
4 Deleted the old /video partition and changed it to lvm
5 issued..lvextend -l 25464 /dev/VolGroup00/video
6. xfs_growfs /video
now I see....
--- Physical volumes ---
  PV Name               /dev/hdb1
  PV UUID               lLgML4-OjKj-5emX-E274-jBsH-0w9f-qlUSLc
  PV Status             allocatable
  Total PE / Free PE    23848 / 0

  PV Name               /dev/hda5
  PV UUID               1UZ52h-84SX-rLbg-YY6M-8clC-ktNQ-IJ0Pve
  PV Status             allocatable
  Total PE / Free PE    25464 / 23848

 I did a df , but the drive space remains the same.  Do I have to fromat the
new disk with xfs first?  Sorry I am new to LVM any pointers will help.

-Gregg