[mythtv-users] Hauppauge MediaMVP

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Feb 6 18:25:21 UTC 2006

>>> "David Shay" <david at shay.net> 02/06/06 12:10 PM >>>
> Out of curiousity, how did your patch work?  Did you extend
> libcmyth to retrieve the commercial skip map?  If so, how did
> you deal with frame number to file-offset conversions?  I
> added bookmark support to libcmyth last week and was
> going to work on commercial skip this week, but even with
> bookmarks, there is this whole conversion issue.  I'm thinking
> I need to use the info in recordedmarkup to do a conversion,
> but that would have to be done on the backend side.

I extended libcmyth, but I also added some cutting to the
beginning and end of the recordings manually to figure out
how the recordedmarkup factored in to the skipping.

Since I knew that there was always at least a 5 second
cut at the beginning and the end of a recording, that allowed
me to figure out the offset.  It was a bit of a kludge and I
wasn't happy with having to manually edit every show, but
it worked pretty good.  Since the mvp is in the kid's area,
I only worried about the pre- and post- cutting on their
shows.

I did notice on longer recordings it didn't work as well,
so sometimes I started to skip a bit late (or early) and
resumed playing a little bit too early (or late).

Paul