[mythtv-users] MythTV Compile Options

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Feb 6 15:41:15 UTC 2006

I notice that MythTV by default seems to compile without mmx on my
amd64. Clearly the CPU supports the mmx instructions, so is there any
reason not to force it to use them? Any great benefit to using them
(probably de-interlace)?

Also, is OpenGL support required in order to use XvMc? I think the
"nvidia" compile-time option really means "XvMc", but is the nVidia
OpenGL required in order to use this?

The obvious reason for the above is that if I use nVidia's OpenGL I
get the infamous "high CPU load" problem, but I'd like to use XvMC.
The way I see it right now I can't, is this correct?

Is the best answer to try and get older versions of nVidia's drivers
to work on my machine? (so far I haven't been able to do that), or
wait and hope nVidia figures out vSync?

Presently running 0.18.1 so disabling vsync in the GUI is not an option.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org