[mythtv-users] Help with a semi-busted hard drive (with all my recordings)

Kristo Kriechbaum klk+myth at robotics.caltech.edu
Mon Feb 6 03:33:26 UTC 2006

On Sunday 05 February 2006 10:17 am, mikepolniak wrote:
> On 08:46 Sun 05 Feb     , Kristo Kriechbaum wrote:

> > > Understand this: you're buying a new drive anyway.  There's noother
> > > practical alternative.
>
> I just bought this _exact_ drive today at BestBuy for $79.00 (no rebates
> involved either). This might be your best shot.

I picked one up myself, and lo and behold the logic board was _exactly_ the
same.  I was surprised given I bought my drive over a year ago.  I swapped
the board with my busted one, and the drive seems to be fine now.  Now to
figure out whether to buy a huge new drive, or still try to figure out what
the capacitor value is.

Thanks to everyone for all their help and suggestions.

Kristo