[mythtv-users] Hauppauge MediaMVP

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Feb 6 00:07:04 UTC 2006

>>> beww at beww.org 02/05/06 6:12 PM >>>
> I read someplace that work was happening to create a MythTV frontend
> that would run on a MediaMVP.
>
> I heard of MVP setups that would play NFS/SMB-mounted directories,
> but the idea of a complete frontend intrigues me, even though it
> seems improbable.

Not only is it probably, it's definite.

> Anyone on this list know any more about this? Or have any suggestions

>as to how I might best use my MVP with Myth?
>
>The usual thanks apply, of course.

Yep, I'm running one.  Probably will do two more if I win the
ebay auctions.  They are pretty cool, although far from a full
blown front end for now.  They are unable (at least in my bin)
to schedule new recordings.  But, I can watch recorded
material and nfs mounted mpgs.  I can even play music and
access my playlists made with iTunes and slimserver.

It's most excellent.