[mythtv-users] PVR-500 image quality and missing channels

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Feb 5 22:05:12 UTC 2006

On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 03:22:54PM -0500, Andrew Kuan wrote:
>    What  would  you  recommend  as specs for a decent splitter? I've seen
>    them  for  50  bucks at Radio Shack and I've seen them for 15 bucks on
>    eBay,  but I've never bought one from either because I'm not sure what
>    I'm going to get.

Well, my personal opinion, *for this crowd*, is "buy a Blonder-Tongue".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5861898894

Yes, they're more expensive, but they're worth it.  (And in this case,
they're not even more expensive.)  Make sure the splitters you put
downstream have any unused outputs properly terminated, and don't be
afraid to stack them as long as your jumpers are well constructed -- to
*much* signal at the tuner card input can be as bad as too little.

>    Take  this  amplifier, for instance. Is it any good? 50-900MHz doesn't
>    seem  to  be enough bandwidth, but, again, I'm not sure if I'm reading
>    that properly.

Your link doesn't seem to have been attached.

See also http://www.google.com/search?q=cable+rg-6+howto and
specifically http://hoagy.org/howto/wireYourHouse.html (among other
good links in that search.

Cheers,
-- jra

	A: No.
	Q: Should I include quotations after my message body?