[mythtv-users] Recommendation please -- FC 3 or 4 w/ HD-3000?

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 17:02:28 UTC 2006

Seeking general recommmendation:

Should I use Fedora Core 3 or Fedora Core 4 with a HD-3000 capture card?

Recommendations specific to my hardware issues needed as well:

Two machines that I'm thinking about using for the installation (I will only
use one of the machine's for both frontend and backend.) They are roughly
similiar:

AMD 64 3000+
1 gig ram
Basic video cards
I'm not worried about sound -- for now

Here's the difference:
Asus AV8 board
MSI K8T Neo-V board

Everytime I try to install FD 4 onto the MSI machine, I get what appears to
be a Kernel Panic while booting from disk (cd# 1). Oddly, FD 3 runs like a
champ on the MSI machine.  (FD 4 will not work either as an upgrade or
orginal install).

Thanks,
Preston