[mythtv-users] Compiling Mythtv on an Xbox error?

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 12:18:00 UTC 2006

Just to clean up the loose ends that I have on the list, hopefully this
isn't pissing people off. I had to reconfigure my thought process on how I
was installing on my Xbox so here is a loose guide to how I did it. Thanks
to the list for listening to my rants and issues as I learned how to compile
SVN on an Xbox.

1) Install Xebian 1.1.4

2) upgrade to 'stable', /etc/apt/sources.list essentially all pointed to
stable even Myth. I then ran 'apt-get update'then 'apt-get upgrade' (Don't
jump right to sid as it caused a problem with e2fsprog)

3) upgrade to 'sid', /etc/apt/sources.list essentially all pointed to sid. I
then ran 'apt-get update' then 'apt-get upgrade'

4) Installed the dependancies for building Myth 'apt-get build-dep mythtv',
then again I ran 'apt-get upgrade'.

I also ran  'apt-get install xfonts-base xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi
xfonts-scalable qt3-dev-tools libqt3-mt-dev libqt3-compat-headers
libqt3-i18n imlib1 libc6-dev libncurses5-dev alsa-base alsa-utils alsa-oss
udev g++ libmp3lame-dev libmp3lame0 xmltv libasound2-dev' I may not have had
to install all of the above but I wasn't sure. I wasn't able to find an all
inclusive list and wasn't sure if build-dep was all that was needed to get
the deps. I just plain wasn't sure...

5) Installed distcc for distributed compiling. ' apt-get install distcc'

Once installed, start the daemon on each computer by typing as root in a
shell:

* $ distccd --daemon --allow 192.168.1.100  192.168.1.101* (add the IP for
each computer allowed to connect to it)*
*
On the computer that has the source code for the software you are planning
to compile, type the following at the time of compiling:
*
$ export DISTCC_HOSTS='localhost computer1 computer2'
*
Replace computer1, computer2, etc., with the names of the computers or IP's
on your network running distccd.

Now when you compile a program, add '-j

*$ *make -j6 CC=distcc

6) Installed subversion, 'apt-get install subversion'  then download Myth
into the /usr/src directory ' svn co http://cvs.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv
<http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-18-fixes/mythtv>' and for the
plugins 'svn co http://cvs.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins' and for the
themes ' svn co http://cvs.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/myththemes'

7) Export the hosts lists run qmake and make

$ export DISTCC_HOSTS='localhost red blue'
$ qmake mythtv.pro
$ make qmake
$ make -j 6 CXX=distcc

8) Hopefully all compiles well. Then just install $ make install

I hope this helps someone in trying to compile Myth on an Xbox. I'm sure
there are many other hints and tips available hopefully they will chime in.

Thanks,