[mythtv-users] Help with a semi-busted hard drive (with all my recordings)

Mark Oliver mark_oliver at java2000.com
Sun Feb 5 08:50:58 UTC 2006

Kristo Kriechbaum wrote:

>The drive is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.7, 200Gb, model ST32000822A.  Pictures
>detailing the damage are at http://robotics.caltech.edu/~klk/drive/
>
>I figure alot of people on this list have this drive.  If anyone who has one
>of these drives could somehow measure the capacitor I would be greatly
>indebted to you.  At the very least, I would buy you many beers if we ever
>met :-)

I have the drive sitting in its box.  Unfortunately, you used the word
'measure,' which means I will be of no use to you (unless you like
guesstimates).  If no one else is able to answer your questions, I can
run this over to my brother-in-law (who is an engineer), and he should
be able to help answer your questions.  Hopefully, someone else here
will be able to help you sooner, but if not, then I can probably get
something for you by monday night at the latest, depending on dave's
schedule.

mark