[mythtv-users] when to deinterlace?

matt stirfrey at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 04:46:03 UTC 2006

Actually you may, probably do, need to deinterlace to your tv. I forget
exactly what what the deal is, but basically you need to turn it on or
adjust it when your watching something and you see lines across your
display. You'll see them top to bottom and usually when things are
moving quickly. If you ever watch Jimmy Neutron you will see it
sometimes, but you almost have to be looking for it. (This will have
nothing to do with Myth but how they render the cartoon) Both Myth and
your Nvidia card will have settings for it. So in your case I would say
that its probably on for your card, so you don't need it in Myth.

If you do a google search I'm sure you will fine many articles about it.
Its used for quite a few things.

Matt