[mythtv-users] xine passes Dolby Digital, but not DTS

Daniel A. Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Sun Feb 5 03:40:09 UTC 2006

I use xine via MythTV to watch DVD images (iso's) that I've created from
my DVD collection. I have it configured to pass through the digital
audio to my receiver via alsa and the onboard nforce audio. If I select
the Dolby Digital soundtrack then it all works beautifully, but if I
select a DTS audio track then I get no sound at all. DTS works fine from
my real DVD player, so I know there's no problem on the receiver end.

Is there something I'm missing with the xine configuration? Some
additional library I need to install? How can I begin to debug this
problem? Would posting my alsa and/or xine configuration files help?

Daniel Segel