[mythtv-users] Via Epia sp and hdtv

Ron mythtv-users at doobedoobedo.org
Sat Feb 4 18:04:46 UTC 2006

> >>Thanks for the info.  I haven't comitted to the Epia at
> >>this point but yeah it's for the silence.  There are cases
> >>which can fit the sp 1.3ghz board with a heatpipe and
> >>external power supply.  I planned on going diskless and pxe
> >>booting the thing from the big server in the other room.
> >>That and these mini-itx case dimensions will fit our stereo
> >>cabinet.
I'm using PXE boot and with a 3rd party processor fan (silenx 60mm + adaptor)
it is silent.

> They are quiet however and have everything else you will need including
> 6 channel sound.

Don't rely on 6 channel audio out of an SP1300 unless you're using the S/PDIF
output. The 'Smart 5.1' on this card (VIA 8237 with VIA1617A) isn't supported
on Linux at the moment. Unless someone out there can prove me wrong and tell
me how...

Ron