[mythtv-users] DVB-T Cards - Comparisons or experiences

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 05:12:58 UTC 2006

> The question is, which card is better at reception, I'm not talking about
> speed of tuning, I can compensate for that in the recording profiles if
> needed, what I am asking is which card is more sensitive or better at
> decoding the digital stream ??

I have 2 Kworld DVB-T Xpert PCI cards in my box and have never had any
problem with them ane the picture looks great. And they were supported
out of the box in my kernel.

Not sure what you mean by "decoding the digital stream". DVB-T cards
don't do any decoding - they just dump the broadcast MPEG2 signal
straight to disk.

Regards,
Phill