[mythtv-users] Mysql Error 2002

Matt Smith quaff at clippersoft.net
Sat Feb 4 02:48:40 UTC 2006

I came home today to see my mythtv machine sitting at the initial setup
screen.  This is an existing installation that hasn't been updated to
new releases in a month or so.  I exited the setup and ran mythfrontend
in the terminal.

The error it outputed ...

ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'

I rebooted the machine to no avail.  I'm quite concerned that I lost the
mythconverg database. I've searched the web, but most are dealing with
new installs, not existing ones.

Running on Gentoo with mythtv svn from a little over a month or so ago.
All was running fine up to this point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Matt