[mythtv-users] PVR150 for $60

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Fri Feb 3 15:48:25 UTC 2006

l.com>

--------------060607030502070004030906

The act of shipping does not render the device useless.  It's an analog
tuner.  It's sensitive to kinetic shock.  If it were a solid state
digital tuner, it would be more durable.  It's like shipping light
bulbs.  Every bump causes the filament to vibrate.  The longer the
journey, the more bumps, the greater chance that the vibration of those
filaments resulting in breakage.

If you read the message I linked to it clearly states that they wanted
to ship me my free replacement PVR-500 themselves rather than have me
go  through NewEgg.  (One shipment has a lesser change of inflicting
damage than two shipments plus warehouse activity)  It has nothing to do
with loosing money to Ebay sales.  The are trying to lessen the chance
of me having a second bad experience.

Hauppauge is a good company with good customer service, and respect for
the Linux/IVTV/MythTV community.  I can't believe I have to spend this
much time typing a message to prevent people from vilifying this company
and distorting my message.

Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 2/2/06, John Andersen <jsamyth at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/2/06, Richard Bronosky <mythtv at bronosky.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  I'd be very careful buy PVR-500s or a 150 for that matter form Ebay.
>>> Hauppauge told me directly that they don't ship well.
>>>
>> And of course they would have no reason to discourage you
>> from buying a used one over a new one....  /sarcasm
>>

> because, unless they hand deliver them to every store that sells them,
> they are being shipped.
>
> I received mine in the mail and it worked great...
>
> --
> Steve

Thank you for your time,
--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

I may have missed the answer there, in which case, please point out the article to me, but don't say "check forum X."

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.

--------------060607030502070004030906

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
useless.&nbsp; It's an analog tuner.&nbsp; It's sensitive to kinetic shock.&nbsp; If
it were a solid state digital tuner, it would be more durable.&nbsp; It's
like shipping light bulbs.&nbsp; Every bump causes the filament to vibrate.&nbsp;
The longer the journey, the more bumps, the greater chance that the
vibration of those filaments resulting in breakage.<br>
If you read the message I linked to it clearly states that they wanted
to ship me my free replacement PVR-500 themselves rather than have me
go&nbsp; through NewEgg.&nbsp; (One shipment has a lesser change of inflicting
damage than two shipments plus warehouse activity)&nbsp; It has nothing to
do with loosing money to Ebay sales.&nbsp; The are trying to lessen the
chance of me having a second bad experience.<br>
Hauppauge is a good company with good customer service, and respect for
the Linux/IVTV/MythTV community.&nbsp; I can't believe I have to spend this
much time typing a message to prevent people from vilifying this
company and distorting my message.<br>
Steven Adeff wrote:
 cite="mid42785b900602030705u58aa5f03h1dab0781c052cf3d at mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
      <pre wrap=""> I'd be very careful buy PVR-500s or a 150 for that matter form Ebay.
Hauppauge told me directly that they don't ship well.
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">And of course they would have no reason to discourage you
from buying a used one over a new one....  /sarcasm
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
because, unless they hand deliver them to every store that sells them,
they are being shipped.

I received mine in the mail and it worked great...

--
Steve
  </pre>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Thank you for your time,
--==&lt;&lt; R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y &gt;&gt;==--

Before posting to a mailing list I check the following locations:
	<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/">http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/</a>
	<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://ivtvdriver.org/">http://ivtvdriver.org/</a>
	<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/">http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/</a>
	<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/">http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/</a>
	<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/users/">http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/users/</a>
	<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://knoppmythwiki.org/">http://knoppmythwiki.org/</a>
I may have missed the answer there, in which case, please point out the article to me, but don't say "check forum X."

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer &amp; Outlook/Outlook Express.</pre>