[mythtv-users] mythburn error calling mplex

Jonathan Smith jonathanlsmith at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 14:02:21 UTC 2006

After doing some trial and error, I discovered that if I tcrequant the
video, I am able to mplex it no problem.  Reducing the bitrate with
ffmpeg did not help.  I dont know why reducing the video size resolves
the problem, but it's good enough for me.  Hopefully this helps
someone else.  I just added the tcrequant command to the remplex.sh
script, just prior to the mplex command.

tcrequant -i <original.m2v> -o <new.m2v> -f 1.5

I think it would be nice to have a feature on the frontend of mythburn
that would allow users to resize the video so they could squeeze more
video on to a dvd, with a user modifiable factor (range would need to
be from 1 to 2.1).