[mythtv-users] ATI Radeon 9250 Vs Nvidia GeForce 5200

Bob spam at homeurl.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 09:17:52 UTC 2006

Egeekial, did you (or has anyone) get the ATI Radeon 9250 mentioned here?
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/133576?#133562

I’m torn between the open source driver goodness of the 9250 and the “it
just works” reputation of the 5200.  They cost about the same and both
have passive cooling.

One other thing is I’d like to be able to pump out 1080p at 60Hz over DVI
which is just within speck if you tinker with the timings but I know the
Nvidia cards have a bad rep for not meeting the DVI speck which may
influence my decision.

Sorry for rehashing an old topic but it is quite important as I’ll be
getting 3 of them for my current crop of Athlon XP powered ECS K7S5A
systems that I already have passive CPU heat syncs for, and will pick up
silent PSUs for to run as silent diskless frontends as a retirement plan
for them (going to build, big, low power, back, end... must, stop,
grinning... must, stop, thinking, in staccato...)

Thanks