[mythtv-users] mythsetup does not allow me to choose the capture card type

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 17:35:35 UTC 2006

On 02/02/06, Andrew Kuan <askuan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bump.
>
> Can anyone at least describe what mythsetup offers them as card types when
> adding a capture card? Like I mentioned below, all I see is v4l and not MPEG
> as the card type. I can't imagine this is the case for everyone as my
> workaround involved tweaking the mysql database directly.

In 0.18.1:

Standard V4L
MJPEG
MPEG-2
DVB
HDTV
Firewire
USB MPEG-4

One thing to ensure is that you have selected the card type field
before trying to change it. I just fired up mythtvsetup and had to
make sure it was properly selected before I could browse the different
types.

I think setup just offers all of the options (I onyly have DVB and
MPEG-2 cards but get offered all options). I guess they will just fail
if you don't have the correct card type with mythbackend tries to
control them.

Nick