[mythtv-users] MythTV how-to and MacOS X build

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 02:10:11 UTC 2006

On 2/2/06, Michael Fox <fox.michael at gmail.com> wrote:

> Judging by the write up it looks like you mention Channel 7 (so it
> would be my guess your in Australia).

I am :)

I've not compiled latest SVN myth on ubuntu, however installing 0.18-1
> was very very very easy. Maybe I should contibute my success to the
> wiki on mythtv (especially with my specific cards used here in Oz).

Well, I never got 0.18 to work properly on my machine, I had to manually
entered the frequencies in order to watch TV and more often than not, I
would get a segfault when switching channels.

I have to admit that installing 0.18.1 was just a matter of running the
right apt-command, I wish FC4 had an as nice package system as Ubuntu.
Unfortunately, too many issues with my hardware on Ubuntu (no sound for a
start)

JY