[mythtv-users] Videos start in background only when using remote

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 22:48:53 UTC 2006

On 01/02/06, Kirk Grell <kirkgrell at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok, I didn't realize it had native support (even though I read it in
> the Myth Docs).  Reason being is because I installed MythTV via
> Jarod's Fedora HowTo and I presumed it was not compiled with lirc
> support (because the remote wasn't working).  So, I went the irxevent
> method.
>
> So, when I turn off irxevent, MythTV is not picking up commands from
> the remote.  How can I tell if MythTV was compiled with native lirc
> support?  If I determine it wasn't compiled with it, is there an easy
> way to get it added without having to recompile everything?  And if I
> do have to recompile MythTV, what are the chances of it working even
> though I previously installed MythTV via yum/smart?

If it came from atrpms.net (which if you installed via Jarod's guide,
it did), it has LIRC support compiled in (along with most other
options). You just need to configure the ~/.mythtv/lircrc file to map
your remote buttons to MythTV commands. Jarod has an example file you
can download to examine/modify.

Nick