[mythtv-users] My wishlist for 0.19

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Wed Feb 1 17:30:01 UTC 2006

Since version 0.19 seems to be coming sometime soonish, here is my wishlist.
Both items have to do with mythfilldatabase (datadirect, North America).  The
base problem is that for some Canadian channels, zap2it provides 13 days - 4
hours of data.

Since I still seem to get some missing data in my guide that doesn't get
filled in until a day or two before the event, what I would like is:

(1)  A --max-days argument for mythfilldatabase.  It always fetches 13 days
out for me, but if I could set it for 12 or 10 days, I would never have this
problem.  It would also lighten the load on the zap2it servers.

(2) A --refetch-all-days option.  I know that this would cause a heavier load
on zap2it when it was used, but there are times when it is necessary. People
do this now, they just have to jump through hoops using mythtv-setup, or
directly accessing their mysql database.

Here's an example where #2 would be useful:  Today I added several channels to
my lineup because my cable provider is having a month long freeview of
certain channels.  When mythtv updated, I got the next 2 days of data, plus
day 13.  Yuck.

I don't think that either of these would be that difficult to code.

Mark