[mythtv-users] Changing Physical Locations (zip code and cable provider)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Dec 31 22:30:06 UTC 2006

On Dec 31, 2006, at 2:40 PM, mailing list wrote:

> If your cable system is using so-called "baseband" converters the
> output can be pretty non-standard. I am assuming that you are putting
> the cable RF directly into the PVR card. BB converters are pretty
> rare anymore, they cost too much :-)
>
> I'm not sure about this.

If you are feeding the cable RF directly into the PVR then this is
irrelevant. If you are using a cable company supplied set-top-box of
some sort the output could be strange enough to cause problems, but
even this is rare these days.

Some of the latest STBs have copy protection on the output that can
cause problems with some capture devices, others just have crappy video.