[mythtv-users] MytthTV system: ATX vs mATX motherboard?

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sun Dec 31 14:10:23 UTC 2006

On 31 Dec 2006, at 05:31, Trent Carbe wrote:
> Does it really matter if I choose a ATX or mATX motherboard?? Not
> counting on which casing I choose, are there any differences in
> chipset quality, heat issues or other stuff worth considering?

I have seen a lot of dead PCs this year which appear to have fried
the motherboard when the PSU has died. These have all been mATX, but
I think that is simply because they're most popular with the
manufacturers of cheap PCs sold with cheap PSUs by high-street stores
(eMachines &c).

There should be no difference in quality between ATX & mATX
motherboards from a reputable manufacturer, but I concur with Mr
Smolka that the additional PCI slots of a full-sized ATX board are
likely to be useful.

Stroller.