[mythtv-users] Don't You Hate it When ???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Dec 29 02:35:59 UTC 2006

On Dec 28, 2006, at 7:04 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> Chris Pinkham wrote:
>> * On Thu Dec 28, 2006 at 06:37:10PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
>>
>>> One problem with Myth:
>>>
>>> You're watching a program recorded a few hours ago, and the lower-
>>> third crawl is showing emergency routes out of the City (Denver) :-(
>>>

>> This problem was solved years ago.  This is the exact reason that
>> I added the "Manual Zoom" mode so you can zoom in just enough to
>> get rid of those school closings, etc. messages when watching
>> recordings.  I used it recently to zoom in to get rid of the
>> annoying election results taking up 1/4 of some of my recordings.

Good point, hadn't thought of that but it seems to work quite well.

I'm not sure what you found "annoying" about the election results,
the outcome, or the fact of them being displayed :-)))

> Or maybe he's in Denver and missed the evacuation because of
> timeshifting :)

Actually I'm somewhat north of Denver (Cheyenne). Snowing like crazy
at the moment.

But my point was that "critical" information that is some hours old
is of little use :-) Timeshifted emergency info is a little
distressing, good thing I have a police scanner :-)

The crawls also seem to screw up the usually very reliable commercial
detection, not surprisingly. I don't think it's the crawl itself but
the logo that is part of it.