[mythtv-users] dual tuner card

James Buckley xanium4332 at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 27 22:05:46 UTC 2006

On 24/12/06, S2 <s2.akira at tin.it> wrote:
> Darren wrote:
> > Something could be hogging the tuner card. Make sure kaffiene is not running
> > same goes for xine and any media app that could be using the card.
> >>From my experience I have found that if the card works with kaffiene then it
> > will work for mythtv, I think it has something to do with video 4 linux
> > (v4l).
>
> The problem is that Mythtv opens both tuners at the same time, but it
> should not. It treats the card as there where 2 cards, and not just one.
> As sad above, there is one DVB-T tuner, and one DVB-S tuner, but as per
> l4v drivers, only one can be used at time. So Myth should use only one
> at time, but opens both. Can I tell myth to use only one tuner at time?

In mythtv-setup there's the option for only opening cards 'ondemand'.
I think that should stop mythtv trying to open both at the same time
(on startup). But it won't stop myth opening both if u have two
programs scheduled at the same time, or you try and watch TV while
it's recording.

Just a shot in the dark...