[mythtv-users] [Fwd: Re: MythWeb "crashed" - submit bug?]

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Dec 24 19:05:15 UTC 2006

Piers Kittel wrote:
> On 24 Dec 2006, at 18:59, Chris Petersen wrote:
>
>> Piers Kittel wrote:
>>> OK, but when I go to mythtv.org, click on download, and download the
>>> package there, it's 0.20 not -fixes, or 0.20a?  Just as well, I'm
>>> having problems with the OS X frontend not running on Panther and
>>> someone had to compile a special version of the OS X frontend for me
>>> - I don't want to risk breaking it all with another protocol change.
>> Mythtv didn't need bumped to .20a, only mythplugins (you'll see it
>> reflected in the tarball name, not the download link).  It wasn't a
>> formal version bump, just a bunch of little mythweb fixes.
>
> Ah so I can just download the plugin tarball and leave the main
> mythtv install alone?  Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated!

*or*, you could check out only mythweb from the fixes branch in svn,
install it *except* for includes/mythbackend.php (use your old one for
that).   .20a doesn't have *all* of the mythweb fixes, just a few.

Though I still recommend that you just reinstall everything from -fixes
since it's the only way to guarantee that you get everything.

-Chris